Exploring the Mystery of Parallel Lives
How many of you have seen the new TV drama “Awake” starring British Actor Jason Isaac? It’s a story about a homicide detective who lives in parallel realities. The story begins with a car accident involving himself, his wife, and his teenage son. In one reality, his wife survives but his son does not. In the other reality, his son survives and his wife does not. He sees a therapist in both realities, who assure him that their reality is the only reality, and that the other is a dream. Interesting premise, huh?
I’m thrilled to see one more mainstream drama explore more aspects of our multi-dimensional “reality.” I can’t say I’ve ever known or read about a soul who is aware on a daily basis of the two realities, but it’s a fascinating premise, and I look forward to see what the writers of the show bring us.
Or better yet, do you have a story of parallel realities to tell?
- Have you ever had a vivid dream that revealed an ongoing thread of your life that was discontinued in your waking reality? Perhaps it was about a relationship that ended either by choice or by death. Is that person still in your life when dreaming, as if nothing had changed to end it?
- Do you have a career that shifted from one path to another in your distant past, yet in your dream the path not taken is the reality?
- In your dreams, do you live in another country or city with friends or family unknown to you in this waking life?
- Do you connect with other realities in meditation, or other ways?
- Have you had a hypnosis session that took you to a parallel life?
According to many who work in or study the metaphysical realm and the nature of a soul’s journey, parallel realities, and parallel lives occur for all of us. Seth (as channeled by Jane Roberts), Dr. Michael Newton, Dick Sutphen, and others describe the Universe and our activity within it, in such terms.